Day of Service: Various courses ran throughout the year
Time: Dependant on location
Venue: Variety of venues across the Hall Green District
Does the service have a supporting crèche? Yes
How do I book a place? Contact your family support worker or ask your health professional to complete a referral
Course Name: Pregnancy – 3 years
Dates of Next Course: 4th October – 6th December
Time: 9.30am – 11.30am
Venue: Braithwaite Road
In the Hall Green District, we provide Parenting Programmes to meet the needs of families we work with.
Throughout our locations, we provide ‘Pregnancy – 3 years’, details of the content for the course is below. Parents are expected to attend every week to qualify for a certificate at the end of the programme.
The programme is based on Islamic principles, which provides support to parents and delivers practical parenting skills courses and workshops. It gives families the knowledge to develop better relationships in the home to ensure that children grow up to be happy and healthy. It works with parents from a range of different backgrounds with different values to achieve their goals.
This programme is a targeted interventions parenting programme and runs for 12 weeks. Parents are expected to attend every week to qualify for a certificate at the end of the programme.
The programme covers attachment, development (language, social and emotional) promoting positive behaviours and routines, setting limits and managing behaviours.
Pregnancy – 3 Years
Delivered over 8 weeks – 2 hour sessions per week
This programme covers:
- Adjustment to parenthood
- How to develop a healthy relationship with your partners by establishing your family family
- Techniques to bond better with baby and promote your bays brain development
- Differentiate between baby blues and postnatal depression
- Develop a routing and structure as your child grows
- Coaching skills to be able to manage different fields
- Instigating parenting plans to stimulate a healthy and happy family