Breastfeeding Support at St Paul's Children's Centre
We offer a number of ways to support expectant and breastfeeding parents who may need support or just want to talk about breastfeeding.
Parents can drop into our centres, get support over the the phone (during office hours) or we can meet you in the home or at a local venue of your choice.
We are here to support you with information, help you to build your confidence and to get breastfeeding off to a good start. We understand that getting the right support at the right time is very important when you are breastfeeding. When you drop in or contact us we will arrange for a breastfeeding support worker to get back to you. All of our breastfeeding support staff and volunteers are fully trained.
Every parent wants to offer their baby the best start in life. Breastfeeding is one way of providing your child with the nutrients they need for healthy growth and development.
Information on the benefits of breastfeeding are detailed on the NHS website
Breastfeeding Support During Covid -19
Are you in need of breastfeeding support? We are running virtual Breastfeeding support sessions to help with any issues you may be experiencing.
For more information or to speak to an antenatal and infant feeding team, give us a call at St. Paul’s Children’s Centre on 464 6349 or alternatively call Springfield Children’s Centre on 0121 777 2722.
Virtual Breastfeeding Lounge
To discuss any concerns or queries you may have about breastfeeding, give us a call at:
St Pauls Children’s Centre on 0121 464 6349
How do I book?
For more information or to book a place please contact:
Day of Service: Hall Green Service held on Friday
Time: 11 am
Venue: Virtual Via Microsoft Teams
Other Virtual Breastfeeding Lounge sessions also available throughout the week:
Useful Resources for You and Your Baby
- National Breastfeeding Helpline 9.30 am—9.30 pm 0300 100 0212 www.nationalbreastfeedinghelpline.org.uk
- Association of Breastfeeding Mothers: https://abm.me.uk
- Breastfeeding Network: www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk
- Drugs in Breastmilk Service (advice re: medications when breastfeeding) : www.breastfeedingnetwork.org.uk/drugs-factsheets https://breastfeedingtwinsandtriplets.co.uk
- Breastfeeding help and support : https://www.nhs.uk/start4life/baby/breastfeeding/breastfeeding-help-and-support/