Despite being closed staff at St. Paul’s have been busy supporting children and families in Balsall Heath and Birmingham. With staff working at home we have been busy equipping staff with laptops and mobile phones so that they can communicate with the people who use our services. Below is a flavour of what our teams have been doing.
- Our IT guys have spent hours sorting out equipment, programming, supporting staff to work remotely
- Our Human Resource team have provided advice and support for employees who are ill or have family members ill (virus related)
- Our finance staff have continued to pay suppliers/pay staff and manage the financial impact of our closure
- Estates staff still keep buildings safe and carry out essential maintenance.
- Our school staff have set up online learning for pupils and are in regular contact with parents/carers and children
- All nursery children are contacted regularly to ensure they are well and if parents need any support/advice, staff have also supported families to access free school meals vouchers.
- Early Years staff are contacting families who attend creche’s, stay and plays and other groups to ensure they are well. They also are providing play advice to keep children occupied and meals advice for those on a budget.
Family Support have provided advice/support on range of issues including:
- Foodbank Vouchers
- Immigration Advice
- Fuel Advice
- Benefits Support
- Support on Domestic Abuse
- Parental Emotional/Well-being Support
- Breastfeeding Support
- Out of School staff are planning our summer activities and of course continue to feed and look after our precious farm
St. Paul’s continues to support children and families while keeping our staff safe and as Chief Executive I am proud of how staff continue to work despite the restricted conditions.
Please all stay safe, follow Government advice and enjoy the break at home.
St Paul’s Community Development Trust.